Organic Grill's Famous Pumpkin Pie Recipe!
- 6 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4-6 Tbsp ice cold water
- 1 tsp agar powder
- 2 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 2 cups mashed organic butternut squash
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/3 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp melted organic coconut oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. For the crust, add flour and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk in
2. Next add ice cold water a little at a time. Only add as much water as
you need to help it come together.
3. Once a loose dough is formed, refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes.
4. Once your dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare
5. Add all pie ingredients to a blender
6. Use a rolling pin to gently roll it into the shape of your pie pan
7. Once you get the crust into the pan, work the crust up along the
8. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes. The
crust should be light golden brown and the filling be a bit jiggly and have
some cracks on the top. Remove from oven and let cool
9. Slice and sprinkle with brown sugar and torch with creme brûlée torch
I must admit pumpkin pie is my favorite go to holiday treat. I created this recipe years ago and we have been serving it in the cafe for over 10 years. I have recenetly updated it to be a little bit more on the Health Coach friendly side, since I am a certified Health Coach and want customers to indulge but not feel guilty after! Love it or hate it, pumpkin pie is a holiday staple. We've all seen it sitting at the dinner table—that iconic orange circle. We wanted to bring an organic vegan twist to the pie lovers dream! Earlier this year we were honored for our recipe to be posted on Organic Spa Magazine's site. Follow the link to read more!